Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19

Jesus sent two disciples ahead, "Go into that village over there," he told them. "As you enter it, you will see a young donkey tied there that no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks, 'Why are you untying that colt?' just say, 'The Lord needs it.'"......So they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments over it for him to ride on. -Luke 19:30-35

Now, I'm no expert but I am pretty for sure if a donkey has never been ridden on before and you try to ride him, he probably will buck you off. I think he knew just who was on his back at that time and sure as heck wasn't going to buck Jesus off.

Kinda weird to say, but I wish I was that donkey. To be a nobody by my peers, but to be chosen by God to serve His only son. Yet, He has chosen me, He has chosen all of us to take up what we are doing and follow Him. To put our complete trust in Him and believe that he will guide us in all we do, even when the path seems undo able.

"Blessed is the man who trust in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." -Jeremiah 17:7-8

Then, if anybody ask why are you doing what your doing, tell them, "I am loving my God because He first loved me!"

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Bret. I guess that many of us are captive to our own arrogance and believe that it was we who chose God. Not so. As you said, it was He who wanted and chose us. Not because of who we are or what we've done, but because of what His Son did. Like the small donkey, God has chosen many of low statue (in the eyes of the world)to move mountains. Do you feel CHOSEN?

    ReplyDelete