Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Go with Boldness

John 17:6-19
I love this prayer! I feel like I'm sitting around the corner and ease dropping on a couple who are so in love with each other...kinda like I use to sneak in my sister's room and listen to her talk to her boyfriends. But this time I'm listening to Jesus talking to God. Love it!

I like in verse 10 Jesus says, "And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them." Jesus' character shows through His disciples because they were in one with him. Does my life reveal Jesus' character? God, glorify in me!

In verse 13 says, "Now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves." He knew He was going to the cross, but He had Joy! Craziness! Then He ask that we may have that kind of joy...that's hard!! But to have that joy, we must live in intimate contact with Him by reading our bibles, praying, and just doing good deeds. Then He will give us protection and give us VICTORY when defeat seems certain. What joy!

Verse 14-16, the world is not our home, Heaven is our home. Verse 17 Jesus ask that we may be sanctify(set apart) of the world. We are not to avoid non-Christian's, but to be salt and light to the world.(Matthew 5:13-16)

Jesus is telling us to GO, go into the world and be a light. I'm reminded of some verse's in a song by Jake Hamilton which totally gets me going. "Wake up child, its your turn to shine, you were born for such a time as this!" - "I am royalty, I have destany, I have been set free, I am gona shake history!" - "Here I am Lord, use me! Set me a free!"

THE GREAT I AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment