Tuesday, May 15, 2012

God's Ability...

   In Acts 9, a beautiful story is told on the behalf of Paul's amazing testimony. Think I've read it a million times! No matter how many times I read it, it always re-encourages me and reminds me what we are all called to do.
   "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14 We are to encourage, to be present, and to pray with our brothers and sisters. How easy it sounds, but to many times, we get consumed by the world and become selfish and only think of ourselves. Yes, my hand is up in agreement in my own life.
   So I write today to tell a short story of two men by the names of Brandon and Abraham. Two young men, who God brought into my life, who are struggling in life. Both, within the past week, have gotten out of jail and are scared they will fall back into their old ways. Both longing for God's acceptance, needing a light on a hill to help guide their steps. While they were telling me their own personal story, with tears filling their eyes, I started thinking to myself, "God, what do I have to offer them, I haven't been to jail, I don't know what they are going through, what can I do?" Then, before I could finish telling God how wrong of a person I could be in the situation, Acts 9 was put into my heart.
   Paul was the worst of the worst, yet God still loved him. His works did not bring glory to God, yet God still loved him. God put key people in his life to show him God's grace. Ananias to pray, the disciples to be present, Barnabas to encourage. These men showed Paul that Jesus has given him a gift, a gift of grace, a gift of righteousness, and all he has to do is believe.
   So, all I knew to do was pray, to be present by listening, to encourage with the Word of God. And the greatest thing was, it wasn't me praying or doing those things. Was God's ability working through me. I didn't tell this story to bring glory to myself, in my own works. Instead, I tell this story to give our God the glory, and to encourage others to believe that God will give you the words to speak, or a ear to listen. Not to be afraid of looking dumb because you don't know. In our ability we can do nothing, but through God's ability, all things are possible.
   Be present, be an encourager, and pray...

God is So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment