Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Encouraging Faith

2 Timothy 1:3-7

    I find myself going back to these few verses time and time again. The encouraging words that Apostle Paul gives to his dear friend Timothy are so uplifting and powerful. It's just what I need whenever I find myself...lost. In verses' 3-4, Paul openly expresses his love towards his brother in Christ. A true genuine love towards our brothers and sisters in Christ is a must. We should constantly pray for one and other, even when we are separated from each other. Our prayers will provide a source of mutual encouragement, which, lets face it, we all need in the times we are living in today.

   Then, in verses 5, Paul reminds Timothy of the faith his mother and grandmother had, which in turn is in him too! Whenever my grandmother left to be with Jesus, all I could think about was her genuine faith in the Lord. When I read this verse, my spirits are lifted! I too share the same faith. The world can really tear us down into believing we have nothing to offer. What do we got that is so different. I tell you, our faith can move mountains! But lets not stop there, verse 6 says, "I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you." We all are given our own special gift from God. If you don't know what that is, God says to follow Me and I will show you!

   Finally, verse 7 says, "God has given us a spirit of Power, Love, and Sound Mind." These are available to us because the Holy Spirit lives in us.

God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment