Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13

Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home. - Luke 16:9

My mother asked if I could build a small craft table for her new game room for the kids. Well, since I work at a cabinet shop that has every tool I would need it was hard not to say yes. What took me only a few hours to do, meant the whole world to her. She said it made her day, and made her feel like it was Christmas!

Just like Jesus said, we need to use our worldly resources to benefit others. If I would have told my mother no and just had gone home after work instead of staying and working on the table, all I would've done was sat on the couch and watched Sponge Bob with my daughter. God gave each and everyone of us a skill of something. So lets use that skill to bring happiness to others.

Jesus gave his life for us, so what can we do in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment